Type of food required for the patient
– calculated nutritional needs by: age, height, weight and physical activity
– is determined by the patient’s food plan (to determine the quantities of food and translate them into meals)
– are appropriate quantities of food account and must follow the patient (Is eating described him
Or not, with the knowledge of the cause and a solution suitable)
– is determined by the patient’s own food plan, with giving him some home instructions
– specialist waits for some time until the patient reads the instructions to make sure that there are no questions about the diet of patients with renal failure
That each patient different nutritional needs for the other patient, although involved in the same disease. It is wrong unification meals for all patients.
Kidney patient needs to be healthy, balanced diet contains various nutrients from protein and carbohydrates and fats, vitamins and minerals, and should be minimized materials containing nitrogen such as meat, fish, eggs, and the reduction of salt because it leads to fluid retention in the body. The intake of water a moderate amount, and available potassium in vegetables and fruits that need to be addressed moderate quantity, as well as calcium set in the body because the deficiency leads to osteoporosis, and the organization of iron by taking iron pills so as not to suffer anemia, as well as the organization of phosphorus in the blood.
When the diet begins:
– When the draw creatinine begins to decline to less than the rate (60-70 ml / min)
– or if increased creatinine in the blood, even a simple score
– limit the intake of protein may slow the deterioration of renal function
– frequent lipid (cholesterol and triglycerides) lead to the deterioration of renal function
– some patients with renal insufficiency suffer from high blood that is affected by the amount of salt added to food pressure
– diseased kidneys do not deal effectively with the many elements such as potassium and phosphorus
– consists of amino acids cemented together by the Secretary compound and acid compound, when broken protein starts to take off the amino compound to turn into a keto acid, and the fate of the amino compound transformed into toxic ammonia, which the liver converts it to Paulina. Urea may rise as an indicator of the increased intake of protein, leading to a deterioration in kidney condition
What happens if the ratio of urea rose?
– generate toxic ammonia element on the kidneys
– nausea and loss of sense of taste of eating, which leads to a lack of appetite and lack of intake of calories, which in turn lead to cracking protein closed circuit
– less urea ratio if there are enough calories in the food
What if the patient’s protein intake is less than the amount required?
– lead to a lack of blood proteins and forced the body to break down muscle protein found to get them
How generated creatinine?
– creatinine substance found in muscle produces a fixed ratio to the size of the muscles in the body
– creatinine increases with increasing muscle size and decreases with the lack of size
– Remember that the protein can be easier for the body is broken down protein found in muscle
– If less draw for creatinine 20 can be reduced to the protein in food 0.3 g per kg, and the patient completes the industrial complement proteins (amino acids essential acids or ketone)
The advantage of ketone acids Uniting themselves with ammonia to work amino acids and reducing ammonia and urea.
So the challenge is to give the body what it needs from the protein exactly without any increase so as not to generate any shortage of urea or so as not to break the body’s muscle proteins (0.6 g protein per kg of body weight).