Visit and explore the history of Auschwitz

Auschwitz is a famous place in German, which is heard by almost every person. It is actually a wartime concentration camp in Germany, a place where many prisoners out of which mostly Jewish were reportedly killed. Most of them were exterminated in the gas chambers. Due to the huge number of dead, Auschwitz has become the most terrible Nazi extermination center. Today, the horrific reputation of this camp is widely explored by every visitors coming from all over the world.

Being a network of concentration and extermination camps, the Auschwitz was built and operated by the Nazi Germany in the occupied Poland at the time of Second World War. Auschwitz is a large area consists of Auschwitz I, which is the Stammlager or main camp; Auschwitz II-Birkenau, the Vernichtungslager or extermination camp; and Auschwitz III-Monowitz, which is also known as Buna-Monowitz and the 45 satellite camps, a labor camp. It is an industrial town that lies on the border between Silesia and Malopolska at a distance of 30 kilometres towards the southeast of Katowice and also nearly 40 kilometres towards the west of Krakow.
As this town is the largest concentration camp in the human history, which shows the cruelty and life of those who suffered heavily and then died. The area was initially a polished village, which was almost destroyed by the Germans just to make way for the camp. Auschwitz II-Birkenau was actually designated by the Minister of the Interior of Germany Heinrich Himmler. It was designated as the locus of the Final solution of the Jewish question in Europe. After the war, it has been reported that up to 3 million people had died at the site out of which, 2.5 million were exterminated and 500,000 were died from disease and starvation.
In April 1940, the Germans established the Auschwitz extermination camp. It was established in the prewar Polish army barracks on the outskirts of the site. The area was at first planned for the Polish Political prisoners. However, the camp was repurposed as a devoted larger camp that lies at Birkenau. It was built at a distance of 2 kilometres towards the west of the initial site between 1941 and 1942, and was followed by the Monowitz, quite a few kilometres towards the west. In the year 2007, the site has been changed in the listing from Auschwitz Concentration Camp to the Auschwitz-Birkenau: German Nazi Concentration & Extermination Camp between 1940 to 1945 by the UNESCO.
Today, the Auschwitz and the Birkenau are open to the public and is considered as the state Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau. It remains open from 8am to 7pm in the months of June to August, 8am to 6pm in May and September, 8am to 5pm in April and October, 8am to 4pm during March and November, and 8am to 7pm during December to February. The visitor’s centre of the Museum is located at the entrance towards the Auschwitz site.

SOURCEhttp://24hcom.net/
SHARE
Loading...
loading...